(Hamilton – September 19, 2022) This fall, HamiltoNEXT, a non-partisan alliance of local business organizations, is talking to Hamilton voters about their vision for the city’s future and encouraging them to ask candidates for Mayor and Council where they stand on important issues.
“Hamilton needs a Mayor and Council with a vision for a thriving, prosperous Hamilton – and a plan to get there,” said HamiltoNEXT spokesperson Ryan Kneisz. “To inform that plan, we’re asking residents and candidates to think about six specific areas of focus that are sure to #FrameOurFuture.”
- Jobs – What is your plan to attract – and keep – good-paying jobs in Hamilton?
- Infrastructure & Transportation – What are your priority infrastructure, transit, and transportation investments to support Hamilton’s prosperity?
- Public & Private Sector Investments – What is your plan to attract investment capital, new business, and business expansion to Hamilton?
- Housing – What are your plans to ensure adequate housing for everyone and to support, thriving, affordable neighbourhoods?
- Respecting Your Tax Dollars – What are your plans to ensure tax dollars are spent wisely in an environment where the cost of living continues to rise?
- Sustainability & Climate Resilience – What is your plan to make Hamilton more resilient to the impacts of climate change?
#FrameOurFuture is at the heart of the HamiltoNEXT campaign and volunteers have been engaging with residents at community events and neighborhood activations since late August, along with a huge frame
for photos. Pictures and ideas are being shared on social media to keep the conversation going, and volunteers will continue to be out in the community right up until election day.
In the coming weeks, residents will start to see HamiltoNEXT advertisements appearing across the City, encouraging more Hamiltonians to #FrameOurFuture.
Hamilton voters are invited to join the conversation @HamiltoNEXT, or using #FrameOurFuture, across social media platforms, and to visit hamiltoNEXT.ca.
Composed of the West End Home Builders Association, the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington, and the Hamilton-Halton Construction Association, HamiltoNEXT is a non-partisan alliance seeking to generate meaningful conversations about the future of Hamilton.
For more information contact: Ryan Kneisz
HamiltoNEXT Spokesperson 905-522-5220