Who We Are
Established in 1921, the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB) is a registered non-profit organization that is the second largest real estate association in Ontario and the eighth largest in Canada. We empower over 3,500 members to succeed within a jurisdiction that covers approximately 2,500 square kilometres including Hamilton, Burlington, Glanbrook, Grimsby, West Lincoln, Caledonia, Dunnville, Hagersville and other small centres south to Port Maitland on the shores of Lake Erie.
Our members may use the REALTOR® trademark, which identifies them as real estate professionals who subscribe to a strict code of ethics known as the REALTOR® Code. Our landmark building is located on York Boulevard across from Dundurn Castle.
The History of RAHB
We at the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB) have a long and proud history. The Association was incorporated on January 26, 1921. Our founding members had a mission to accomplish four things: 1) to create high standards in the real estate profession, 2) to foster cooperation among members, 3) to offer quality professional development and training, and 4) to become involved in real estate issues at the local, provincial and national levels. This set the tone for the years to come, and today our members continue to benefit from these original goals.
RAHB also holds a number of “firsts” for real estate associations:
- 1949 – produced Ontario’s first Multiple Listing Service® (MLS® System)
- 1951 – instituted the first Photo Co-Op system in Canada
- 1992 – opened the Realty Shoppe – the first of its kind at a real estate association
- 1993 – became the first association in Ontario to launch a duly elected I.C. & I. Division
- 2021 – first association to introduce BrokerBay as a core service