RAHB’s leaders of tomorrow are our volunteers of today.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in learning more about volunteering at RAHB.
If you have volunteered for RAHB in the past, THANK YOU for generously giving your time and talents to improve your Association, and we hope that you will continue on your journey.
If you are considering volunteering for RAHB for the first time, WELCOME and we encourage you to read on to learn more about the opportunities.
The Call for Volunteers for the 2023-24 term is now open and we need your talent, insights, and skills!
We have 3 different categories of volunteering. All meetings occur during RAHB business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. At this time, the majority of meetings will be held virtually. You get to choose what type of working group works best for you so please review the list to learn more about each type:
- Standing or Operational RAHB Committee – Committees are designated groups of individuals mandated to carry out specified duties as assigned to them. Between 4-6 meetings will take place during the term.
- Task Force or Focus Group– These groups are struck as required, for a singular task or initiative. Expect between 1-4 meetings for this working group type.
- Micro-volunteer Group – This working group is for volunteers who prefer a very short time commitment for a singular task that can be completed quickly. This pool of volunteers who are interested in this type of working group will be contacted as specific tasks arise. The results of the work completed often feed into a larger project. This is a great way to get a taste of what volunteering is all about.
Volunteer placements will be based on availability within the working group, the required skills, and in accordance with RAHB Policy. Applications must be received by June 2, 2023, and volunteer placements will be communicated in late June.
There are 3 key resources that will we hope will provide all that you need to know about volunteering at RAHB:
- This Call for Volunteers Microsite – read on, and check-out the need-to-know topics listed on the left
- Our virtual RAHB Volunteers Information Session. You will hear from some of RAHB’s rockstar volunteers about their experiences.
3. Stop by the information table at RAHB’s Annual Meeting and speak with some of RAHB’s volunteers to ask your questions, in person and 1-on-1! The RAHB Annual Meeting takes place on the morning of Wednesday, April 12 at Michelangelo Event & Conference Centre, 1555 Upper Ottawa Street, Hamilton.