REALTORS® are committed to improving Quality of Life. Like our neighbours, we want good schools and parks, safe neighbourhoods, and a strong economy.
REALTORS® know what people value most in a home and a community. It’s part of our job. Our clients talk to us about those values every day. That’s why we’re working to improve the Quality of Life in this province by sharing what we’ve learned about building better communities. For example, real estate firms and our local real estate
board are involved in numerous charitable activities that enhance the Quality of Life for all.
Quality of Life is based on five principles:
1. Protecting economic vitality One key to Quality of Life is a strong economy. A vibrant economy creates jobs, expands the tax base and revitalizes communities.
2. Providing housing opportunities We all want a safe, decent and affordable range of housing near where we work, shop and play. We must grow the supply of housing including choices about design, cost and location.
3. Preserving our environment REALTORS®recognize one of the most important elements of Quality of Life is the environment: clean air and water, parks and open space.
4. Protecting property owners A strong economy depends on preserving the investment people have made in their homes by protecting the ability to freely own, use, buy and sell real property.
5. Building better communities Better communities come when governments work together to fund infrastructures such as roads, water, schools and transit that are the framework for a community’s Quality of Life.