Reopening Halton Region
Halton is ready to move to this next stage based on its performance across several key public health indicators outlined in the Provincial reopening framework, such as:
- Halton’s COVID-19 case numbers making up a small fraction of total provincial cases;
- sustained capacity of local hospitals;
- 90% of new COVID-19 case contacts being reached by Public Health within one day, and;
- the community’s strong adherence to public health direction.
Public Health Measures Still in Place
Halton Region Public Health is reminding residents and businesses that important public health measures and direction remain in place as the COVID-19 pandemic and emergency continues. We must protect the progress we have made together so we can continue to move forward, not backwards. Please continue to take public health direction seriously, such as:
- Physical distancing in public outside of your “inner circle”;
- Wear a non-medical mask in public when physical distancing cannot be maintained;
- Washing your hands frequently;
- Staying close to home as much as possible;
- Staying home especially if you feel unwell; and
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please get tested.