Who We Are
Established in 1921, the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB) is a not-for-profit organization serving more than 3,100 real estate brokers and salespersons from Hamilton, Burlington and surrounding areas. The association operates the local Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) and provides ongoing professional education courses for its members. In addition, RAHB holds a several events throughout the year for members and friends, including an annual auction in support of local charities. For more information about RAHB, please visit our website at www.rahb.ca.
Job Description: Digital Communications Coordinator
RAHB is currently seeking a Digital Communications Coordinator to fill a permanent full time position. Reporting to the Manager, Communications & External Relations, this role focuses on the execution of digital communications, with a unique mix of supportive general administrative duties for a comprehensive communications and external relations department of a large member association. Working closely with the Manager, as well as other team members, you will be responsible for overseeing the RAHB website, social media presence, and other digital assets. This role does have a focus on member-engagement initiatives, including promoting member-service awareness and benefits, but also on communications and promotion to increase the awareness of RAHB and the real estate profession to our external audiences.
The ideal candidate will have post secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field coupled with one to three years of relevant experience supporting a communications team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Manage RAHB website using content management system (currently WordPress), collect/report analytics, and constantly look for ways in which to increase quality web traffic
- Execute the RAHB social media strategy; including but not limited to scheduled and active posting, replying to inquiries, monitoring issues and pertinent news items, collecting analytics on a monthly basis, and continually increasing presence
- Act as back-up for design needs
- Execute promotional and marketing strategies
- Video production and execution of the video strategy
- Maintain and update internal digital repositories
- Assist with the digital distribution of member communications
- Assist in the preparation of write-ups, newsletters, press releases, and other communications for posting on social media and other marketing/advertising platforms of the association
- Assist with the creation, implementation and measuring of a comprehensive marketing/communications program that will enhance the association’s image and position within the real estate community and the general public
- Assist with the production of marketing materials including publications, media relations and member requests
- Assist with the editorial production of association publications
- Monitor communication trends
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Undergraduate education in a discipline appropriate and relevant to communications or marketing, or equivalent experience in the field
- Minimum of one to three years relevant experience in communications, with a focus on digital platforms
- Experience in using software and applications such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, e-mail, blogging platforms, Internet, and knowledge of new development in electronic communications
- Ability to manage social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Ability to shoot and edit short, engaging videos for communications purposes
- Graphic design skills an asset
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Experience in document research and writing
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and work independently, collaboratively, flexibly, creatively and with initiative
- Public relations and/or marketing experience in the not-for profit sector is an asset
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team
- Knowledge of the real estate profession is an asset
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with occasional overtime for attendance outside these hours at association related functions.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by June 8, 2018 to Kim Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.